Evening, all! We’ve got quite the treat for you today! As most of you know, a certain someone had a very special day on Friday. And he was kind enough to chat with me in honor of it. So without further ado, here is our very own Robert, aka Jaiven Natt, to celebrate his 15th birthday!
Hi, Jaiven! Happy birthday! Thanks for coming on the blog!
Jaiven: Thank YOU for this opportunity! It means a lot.
Okay! Let’s dive right in!
1. Where were you born? Do you still call the same city home?
I was born in Surrey, British Columbia.
2. Tell us about your family.
I live with my parents and my sister, Saija, who is 11, and little brother, Jextin. My family camps, and we do lots of family trips and get-togethers.
3. What is your absolute favorite place to go out to eat, and what dish would you get there?
Cactus Club 100%. I always get root beer and chicken strips and fries, extra Ketchup 😊
4. Did you do any historical research to prep to play Robert? Were you given lots of direction on his character, or given free rein? Somewhere in the middle?
Actually, I just went in and was myself.
5. How old were you when you first started WCTH?
I was nine years old when I booked When Calls the Heart.😁
6. Describe your first day on set.
Oh wow! My first day on set was pretty fun. I met Carter🎥😆 and Erin. I got to work with a stunt guy that helped us with our fight scene. Haha so fun, Cody and Robert meet and have a fight on my first day😂
7. Do you have any hidden talents the Hearties might not know about?
I am a dancer and football player. I love basketball also. But nothing crazy
8. What kind of fan interaction experiences have you had, especially from HFR? Any stories stand out?
My fan experience has been so cool! I can’t believe how lucky I am to have so many kind people support the show and Robert. I feel so lucky to have the positive energy from all the Heartie fans. I actually enjoy meeting all of them it’s so much fun.
9. What is your favorite non-WCTH role you’ve done?
I would say my favorite non-WCTH role would be Adam on X-Files. Because again I got to do something I’ve never done before. Wearing prosthetics was super challenging but fun at the same time. It was a little spooky. But I like to try new things as a actor.
10. When your filming schedule bleeds into the school year, how do YOU balance school with work?
I just try to stay on top of my work so after auditions come in, I’ll be home with my schoolwork. And even when I get a few auditions that are overlapping I just try to make sure I’m really good with my time management so I can balance them both.
11. We’ve seen you post pictures of you and the other young actors from WCTH, on and off set. You all seem to get along well. What do you like to do together when you’re not working? How have you passed the time on set when you have to sit and wait, alone or together?
When the cast kids are together on set we have so much fun. We play games, talk and do our school work together onset. But we also hang out and have so much fun offset also. We usually get together and watch When Calls the Heart when the new season comes out. I really consider them all my very close friends.
15. If you could play any character currently in existence, who would that be?
I can’t believe I still want to be Spider-Man but if I had the chance to play any character, that’s it. ** SpiderMan**
16. Who’s your favorite character on the show, besides Robert?
That is a hard one because I have a few. But I think the funniest character would definitely be Rosemary. Just watching her when she’s in character makes you laugh. She is so good at her role😊
17. Who would you love to work with someday?
Ryan Reynolds would be really cool.
18. What did you do for your birthday? Anything special?
It was my friend’s birthday also, so we celebrated at his house. I’m having my birthday party at the end of the month. It’s going to be fun … Pizza, football and a sleepover lots of school friends…
19. Anything else you’d like to share? Maybe any future projects you’re allowed to share, or things happening in your own life that are special to you?
I am just auditioning right now so fingers crossed and good vibes I book something🤞🏻 I am going to start basketball soon so that will be fun.
And there you have it, Hearties! Come back Friday for the rest! This is Hooked Heartie, signing off! May your heart let your hope blossom!