OF COURSE WE DO!!!!!!
Well, Hearties, we have arrived! We are at my last blog post before the premiere of Season 5. The next time you hear from me, it will be to share my thoughts with you about the BRAND NEW EPISODE! We’ve been waiting so long, it almost feels surreal that it’s here, doesn’t it? I know we’re all super excited! One final reminder to anyone who’s going to be in the Austin area Monday evening, give me a shout out, and I’d love to have you at my premiere party.
Who saw Erin on Home and Family today? She looked so gorgeous, and it’s always fun to listen to her give an interview full of details. And that DIY chapel night light was TOO CUTE! Forget my kids, I want that light! And did you see Jack Wagner and Paul Greene on Home and Family yesterday and Wednesday? You’d think they were promoting something…wink, wink.
Speaking of yesterday and Wednesday, I am SO SORRY about not posting a REAL blog post on either day. I had an epic Valentine’s post all planned too! My husband’s brother came home from his 2-year missionary service to Brazil, my kids were haywire, my first draft got deleted, then I literally fell asleep typing up my post. Then yesterday I was going to post, but I had to keep a vigil over my mother, who had just had oral surgery.
So! I’m here now! Its late, and it’s been another crazy day, but we’re getting a post out! I hope you all felt loved on Valentine’s Day! Even if you don’t have a significant other, I hope you felt the love of friends and family: be it nieces and nephews, children and grandchildren, siblings, or parents. You are loved!
Now, with the much-anticipated premiere approaching, one of my friends thought it would be fun to go through the best moments of the 4 previous premieres. What’s your favorite moment from each of these episodes? They won’t necessarily be just the most romantic moments, but the best and most impacting moments. I watched the very first episode AGAIN with a friend only a few days ago; so not only did I get a potential new Heartie to join the crowd, but I got a fresh reminder of how magical that pilot really is.
- Elizabeth burning down the teacherage. It shows just how incompetent she is to live out in the West, and it’s amazing to look at her now.
- Elizabeth saying she needs a drink, and the looks she gets from all the mothers.
- The first meeting of Jack and Elizabeth, and how Jack’s attitude changes from flirtation to resentment in a snap of the fingers. “I can take care of my own stubbed toes, thank you very much!”
- Elizabeth getting her first shiner
- Jack showing up to dinner
- Jack complimenting Elizabeth’s career
- Abigail telling the story of the day
- Jack completely reading (and upsetting) Elizabeth, and her circumstances
- Finding Gabe with the plank
- Deciding to call each other by first names
- Jack admitting to kissing 5 women
- Sam Madison showing up as a woman
- Abigail telling off the judge, and Jack consequently holding back a very infuriated Elizabeth
- Jack eating Elizabeth’s less than appetizing chicken fried steak. That’s true love!
- Jack insisting on going with Elizabeth to Hamilton
- Lee rolling into town on the motorcycle
- Clara showing up to the trial
- Jack stealing Elizabeth away from Rosemary for a romantic dinner…and having it interrupted by Bill
- The town finding out about Silas Ramsey’s death
- Elizabeth officially renting the row house
- Lee explaining “nesting” to Jack
- The vase!
- The “warm” conversation
- Bill buying the café
- Abigail finding Frank’s WANTED poster
- Elizabeth saying she can’t live without Jack. FORESHADOWING!
- Abigail finding out she may have to stay on as mayor
- Ray Wyatt showing up
- Jed’s land being threatened
- Superintendent Collins offering Jack the new post
- Honey Bunny and Squidget
- Organizing the baseball game and teams
- Anna pitching
- Cyrus giving Cody the pep talk
- The game itself
- Cyrus and his home run
- Jack’s speech
Have such a great weekend, Hearties. It’s going to be breathtaking, I’m sure! I’ll see you Monday for the very first #MondayMusings