Good afternoon, my lovely Hearties! Welcome to #MeetYouMonday! With all the birthdays, movie reviews, etc., we haven’t had one of these in a while. I think these kinds of posts are so amazing because we get to know one another beyond the kind of font we use, (thank you, Elliott Wallach!), as well as seeing the different walks of life Hearties come from. And yet, despite how varied we are, we are so similar in so many ways. So it gives me great pleasure to introduce Mrs. Pam Hyer!
1. Where are you from? If you’re living elsewhere, where are you living now?
* I’m an Ohio Heartie, and have lived in the same area for all of my life so far!
2. Tell us about your family.
* My family is just me and my husband Ray. My parents live nearby and I have a younger brother and his family are nearby as well.
3. What do you do for a living? What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
* For my job I screen drivers for the Salvation Army in the Central Territory. I kinda have just one hobby. I play the clarinet, sax and flute in our church orchestra and flute choir. I kinda like doing stuff at the gym as well.
4. How did you find/discover WCTH?
* I was an occasional Hallmark fan for their movies before WCTH began, and saw that a new series was starting…I thought I’d check it out. I guess I’ve been a fan since the beginning, but it took me a few years to find the massive online community that we have.
5. What is your favorite episode? Season?
* The first one that comes to mind would be when Jack and Elizabeth got engaged. So Season 4 was a really good one.
6. Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
* My favorite character I think is Elizabeth. She has grown so much since the beginning. While I loved her and Jack together like pretty much everyone, I would like to see her find a new love. I will trust whatever direction the writers take us. Both of our new men on the show are pretty attractive. Okay, I was really leaning towards #TeamLucas and while she did dance with him, the new Mountie has his charm too. I don’t think that women in 1916 dated around much though.
7. Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
*I think I’m a Heartie these days because of all the friends I’ve made because of this show! I met some at HFR3, some are Ohio Hearties and I just attended a When God Calls the Heart retreat recently. What a special time! Hearties are some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met whether in person or online. For those who might be traveling alone to HFR this year they should not be too worried! They will make friends that might be lifelong.
(Pam at the WGodCTH retreat)
“Kinda just one hobby?” Playing THREE instruments at an orchestra level sounds pretty talented to me! Boy, is she right, or what? Interviews like this remind me of how special this group of people really is, a singular band of individuals who can really become like family. Pam is one of those endearing people I met on the fan page. She started commenting on my blog posts, and now we’re friends despite the fact that we’ve never met in person. It really is amazing to me how many people have come into my life because of the #Hearties, who I never would have met without our show.
And on that note, I leave you to enjoy your Monday. Before I sign off, a question to ponder AND ANSWER (please? 😀 ) If you could pick your favorite moment from WCTH that you believe NOBODY else would think of, which moment would that be?
This is Hooked Heartie, signing off! May your heart let your hope blossom!