Hey, hi, and Happy July, Hearties! Hope your month is off to a roaring start! Welcome to a very special #MeetYouMonday. Since this Wednesday is Independence Day, I thought it would be most appropriate to, once again, meet one of our fellow Hearties from the military; one of the many incredible individuals dedicated to keeping our country the free nation that it is. So, may I present Mandi Woolridge. Take it away, Mandi!
- Where are you from? If you’re living elsewhere, where are you living now?
- I was born in Las Vegas, NV. I have lived all over the United States because when I was growing up, my mom liked “change.” I’ve lived the longest in Minnesota, but 4 years ago, my husband’s job brought us out to Rapid City, SD.
- Tell us about your family.
- Currently, my household is made up of my husband, myself and our 5 dogs (we just can’t stop adopting dogs). I have two older brothers who have both served in the Army National Guard for the last 16 years.
- What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
- I’m a long distance runner; yes I do that for fun. We live near the beautiful Black Hills National Forrest, so we love hiking. I love playing with my dogs, watching the Hallmark Channel, and constantly challenging myself to be better.
- How did you find/discover WCTH?
- I started watching WCTH on Netflix when Season 3 aired on TV. I watched the first 2 seasons in about a week, and was hooked on the show. (Wow, Mandi! That’s my story almost exactly!)
- What is your favorite episode? Season?
- My favorite episodes are the Christmas Special for Season 4, and the last episode of season 2.
- Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
- Favorite character is a tough one. It’s a toss up between Jack Wagner (Bill Avery) and Martin Cummins (Henry Gowan). Love them both!
- Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
- Being a licensed therapist, I take on the weight of other people’s concerns. I’ve heard some awful things in my 8 years in the field; but I love what I do because I help people. Watching WCTH makes me feel good and happy, and helps my mind escape from all the bad in the world that I can’t fix. Plus, I love that it’s a good, clean show. I also love that for the time period, it breaks barriers of women being strong and independent. I was raised by a single mother who taught me to be strong and independent. Another thing I like about it is it shows the simple way of life, versus the chaotic technology driven lives we live now days. There are probably a 100 reasons why I love the show.
- Anything else you enjoy, or anything you’d like to add?
- I’ve been to HFR2 And HFR3. My favorite people to meet were Jack Wagner and Martin Cummins, even though I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Talk about a group of actors and actresses who are so down to earth, and who are genuinely nice people!
- I am also in the Army National Guard, which is one of the most important things I’ve done in life next to getting a Masters Degree. I believe in serving my country even though it can be hard on the family, and is a huge sacrifice. The Army is very male-dominated still, but women in the Army are making great strides. I want to be one of those women that breaks barriers in the Army. I’m currently going through traditional Officer Candidate School, which is mentally and physically challenging, but it keeps me motivated.
Thank you so much, Mandi, for everything you do in and out of the military! I WILL be posting on Wednesday, but I totally understand if your plans keep you away from your devices for the day. See ya soon!