HAPPY LORI LOUGHLIN WEEK! As some of you may or may not be aware, Saturday is Lori’s birthday! She’s turning…30…again. 😉 So this week, we’ll be “paying homage” to our dear, sweet Abigail. Now unfortunately, I was not able to get Lori’s own personal answers to the spotlight questions; she’s probably running like crazy with WCTH filming happening. But I’ve done some research, so let’s get to know the beautiful Ms. Loughlin.
- Where are you from? If you’re living elsewhere, where are you living now?
- Lori was born in Queens, New York, and grew up in Hauppauge, Long Island. Now she lives in Los Angeles, California
- Tell us about your family.
- Lori is married to Mossimo Giannulli. He created a popular clothing line called “Mossimo”. They eloped on Thanksgiving Day (which fell on November 27th,) in 1997. She has 2 beautiful daughters named Isabella Rose (20) and Olivia Jade (19). Both girls’ birthdays are in September, about a week and a half apart! She also has a stepson named Gianni, but I couldn’t find any details about him.
- What do you do for a living? What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
- Well, that’s a little obvious, isn’t it? But here are a few details: Lori started off as a print model when she was 11. At 15, she was cast as Jody Travis in the soap opera “The Edge of Night”, and had that part for 3 years. Then at 18 or 19 (in 1987), she was cast as Becky in “Full House”. Something you may or may not know, she was only supposed to be on there for about 6 episodes. But fan response was so favorable, that she got a full-time role. That’s not surprising though, is it?
She was in the series “Summerland” and “90210”, plus lots of TV movies and spots before she landed on our beloved show.
- How did you find/discover WCTH?,
- Also, a little obvious. But did you know that “When Calls the Heart” was only supposed to take Lori one day of filming??? That’s right! She was asked to fill the cameo role of Abigail Stanton in the WCTH movie in hopes that her name would help the movie get picked up as a series. The rest is history!
- What is your favorite episode? Season?
- This, I have no idea. I do know she thinks the Season 5 finale is some of the best work they’ve done. I can also guess her favorite PART of filming: VANILLA COOKIES!!!
- Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
- I sure hope it’s Abigail!
- Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
I’ve gathered quotes from different interviews to answer this one.
- “It’s quality television, it’s family television, it’s geared for everyone…it’s a lot like the television WE grew up on.”
- “We…delve into issues that are relatable”
- On Hearties themselves: “They’re loyal, they’re great, and they’ve really kept the show moving forward.”
- Anything else you enjoy, or anything you’d like to add?
- She and Erin hit it off immediately, and have stayed really good friends. They’ve both said that their friendship is one of the best things to come of WCTH. No wonder we love to watch them!
What a great way to kick off Lori’s birthday week! We all hope she has a great week of filming, and a fun-filled day of celebrating on Saturday. Join me Wednesday for a Lori-centered #WonderWednesday!