Hello, all you WCTH blog followers! Welcome to our very first #MeetYouMonday Bridal Edition! I am SO excited to explore the more romantic side of REAL life in this, the month of love and weddings.
Before I introduce our spotlighted Heartie for the week, how was everyone’s weekend? Did you watch “Marrying Mr. Darcy”? Did you watch “Unleashing Mr. Darcy” beforehand, and make a night of it? Not that I did, or anything…ahem! Did you attend church? Have a family outing? With summer closing in, plans are going to start taking off! It’ll be exciting to hear what all of you are up to.
Well, let’s get this thing started, shall we? Our first brave Heartie to enter Kami’s June Romance Interrogation is Lizzy Wittig. She’s been married a whopping 8 months! 😀 Be prepared to join in a collective sigh when you hear who her husband is! I sure did! Take it away, Lizzy! And I may or may not have added in some commentary. 😉
- Where are you from?
- Central Illinois. I have always lived here. (Yeah for the North!)
- Tell us about your family.
- I am newly married to my high school sweetheart. (Collective sigh NOW!) The rest of my family includes, my Mom and Dad, a brother, and a sister.
- What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
- I homeschooled. I love to read, cook, garden, and camp. (She’d fit right in with Elizabeth! She is “Lizzy”, after all! But I bet Lizzy is the better cook!)
- How did you find/discover WCTH?
- My Mom raised us loving Janette Oke, so when we heard about the TV show, it was just natural. (Of course! What Janette Oke fan wouldn’t jump at the chance!)
- What is your favorite episode? Season?
- It is hard to pick just one, but one of my favorites is the episode with Billy Hamilton, and seeing Jack so jealous. (Who doesn’t?) I also love the first episode, the wedding, and the engagement. The first season is my favorite. (Sounds like Lizzy has a dilemma most of us have.)
- Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
- Rosemary, Lee, Jack, Elizabeth (As I said…)
- Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
- It is a blessing to have a fun, clean romance that my whole family can enjoy. Even my dad and husband! (Lucky girl! My husband would rather have a tooth drilled!)
- Anything else you enjoy, or anything you’d like to add?
- Although the series strays from the books, we love seeing Janette Oke’s influence, especially in the earlier seasons. (She is such a gifted writer! I’m sure we’re all glad her essence is still woven into the storylines.)
Thank you SO MUCH, Lizzy! Congratulations on your marriage, and may you have many, MANY happy years together! If he likes to watch WCTH, I’d say the odds are ever in your favor! Oops! Wrong series! And you married your high school sweetheart! I used to fantasize about that happening to me when I was in high school. You’ll have so many amazing stories to tell future generations!
Well, Hearties, I must fly. I hope you enjoyed our first post of Hooked Heartie: Bridal Edition. Tune in on Wednesday for chitchat about “Marrying Mr. Darcy”. Hooked Heartie, signing off!