Good Monday Morning, Hearties! Come on! Up and at ‘em! Time to start your day! Everybody have a good weekend? I especially had a fun time at church yesterday. I’m the children’s music director, and I just loved listening to those kids sing their beautiful songs. There was such a special spirit in that room, and I could feel it so strongly!
Anyway, on to the present! As you probably have guessed, we have ourselves another victim…I mean volunteer…to be spotlighted, (hee hee). So, welcome to #MeetYouMonday! I’m really excited about this one! This is Jane Jenkins, and we have a very… special relationship, don’t we Jane? 😉 Once again, Jane is someone I have never met in person; I met her on the Hearties fan page on Facebook. We started “chatting” when I made a disparaging comment about a certain WCTH character she ADORES! And we’ve gone at each other ever since. We have a lot of fun bantering with each other, keeping one another on our toes, and seeing who can top the other. It’s great fun! I can always tell I’ve got her when she orders me to go check on Baby Jack. 😀 But she is such a dear lady who puts up with so-called wit. So I’ll let her actually speak for herself to prevent any further bias…(clearing throat suspiciously). I present, Mrs. Jane Jenkins! And just remember, you know you love me, no matter what might be in the parentheses. 😀
Well here I am! Here’s a little bit about me:
- Where are you from? If you’re living elsewhere, where are you living now?
- I am a southern girl, I am very proud to call Georgia my home. (Even if Texas is the better part of the South)
- Tell us about your family.
- I have a loving husband, 2 wonderful sons, 2 beautiful daughters-in-law, amazing grandchildren, and a spoiled rotten cat! (Get a dog! He’ll take care of the spoiled cat!)
- What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
- Some of my hobbies are antique shopping, reading Christian Fiction, Historical Romance, and especially Amish books. But my passion is photography, especially nature scenes. My husband and I love traveling, camping, and cruising; two of my favorites were The Panama Canal and the Alaskan cruises. We have camped in all of the 50 states with the exception of 6. (SO CLOSE!) We have a trip planned to Lancaster, Penn. for a visit in the Amish country.
- How did you find/discover WCTH?
- I discovered WCTH through an advertisement while watching the Hallmark Channel. It looked like my kind of show! I tuned in, and haven’t missed an episode since.
- What is your favorite episode? Season?
- My favorite episode was Henry on trial and Abigail testifying on his behalf. (Yeah, it would be…) My favorite season was Season 1. (With totally Evil Henry??? Now THAT surprises me!)
- Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
- My favorite character is Henry Gowen. (NO! You don’t say! Really?) He is such a remarkable actor! (Now, with that statement, I have no objection.)
- Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
- I love the show because of its heart-warming episodes: with morals values, and the forgiveness taught. I love the fact that you can sit down and watch with anyone, and not worry about vulgar language and embarrassing situations. The absolutely beautiful scenery is also a plus. (Yeah, I got nothing. Those are all reasons I love it too!)
- Anything else you enjoy, or anything you’d like to add?
- First of all, I am a true Heartie because I love the show. I hope there are many seasons to come in the future. I especially love the WCTH fan pages; you can express and view other opinions. You can also meet amazing friends who will share your pain and joy, and laugh with you. (Like ME! Not to mention fans who love to kid you about your favorite character!) Always a fan, always a Heartie!! During the summer months, my husband and I enjoy selling fresh home grown veggies from our gardens; and we are in the South, so we must throw in our famous Hot Boiled Peanuts! We always turn any event into a day of family fun!
Photo is me and my granddaughter, Kelsey.
Thanks, Jane! And thanks for tolerating my jokes! In Jane’s honor, I’d like to share some of my personal artwork with you. You may have seen it on the fan page, but here it is if you didn’t. I recently participated in #CampHearties, a 4-week virtual summer camp where teams are given tasks to complete, then judged by Ben Rosenbaum (who plays Mike Hickam). This was my first year, and I had a blast! One of the tasks was to show an artistic representation of Henry Gowen in Season 1, then Season 5. So for her favorite character, heeeeeere’s Henry!
See you Wednesday, #Hearties! What will it be? You’ll have to wait and see! Oh, by the way! It’s Loretta Walsh’s birthday, so send her some good wishes. Much love! Ta ta!