It’s Mooooonday, Hearties! Come on! Up and at ‘em. Let’s start the week! And boy, do I have a treat for you today. I have not laughed THIS hard in a spotlight interview in…EVER! In fact, 75% of the time was this person instructing me, “Breathe!” and me yelling back, “Trying!” Today, you get to meet one of my old college roommates, or as we used to say “my dear roommeet”, Marilyn Ard. Yeah, we were weird. We even kept a roll of receipt paper by our apartment phone so we could record all the ridiculous things we said at 2:00 in the morning after late-night study sessions. Problem is, lots of that stuff was blurted out at dinner, and at 1:00 in the afternoon, and…okay, pretty much any time of day. My favorite Marilyn quote, at least one you all have a prayer of understanding, (LOTS of inside jokes!) was “When I was in Germany, I ate lots of Chinese food; you know, because I liked to immerse myself in the culture.” (Silence with crickets chirping…) Okay, moving on! We got to do the interview on the phone, so I got to hear all her first reactions. Those are the funniest! Please welcome, and enjoy meeting, Marilyn Ard!
1. Where are you from? If you’re living elsewhere, where are you living now?
• I’m from Snoqualmie, WA. I now live in Salt Lake City, Utah.
2. Tell us about your family.
• I grew up the middle of 3 kids. That explains a lot, actually. 😀 I’m divorced, but I stay plenty busy! I have 4 very energetic kids…VERY energetic…ranging from Kindergarten to 7th grade.
3. What do you do for a living? What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
• I have a bachelors in chemistry education, and a masters in physics. As a result, I’m a high school science teacher; I teach… chemistry and physics, the BEST sciences! I also teach elective classes of myth busters and forensics. As for hobbies, I enjoy hiking, baking desserts, camping with my kids, and sometimes I color pictures. 😀
4. How did you find/discover WCTH?
• Uh…from you. I never would have thought to look for it otherwise. It was all you, man! Look what you’ve done to me! (I seriously need to talk to Brian Bird about getting commission!)
5. What is your favorite episode? Season?
• How could you make me choose??? I really liked when Lee proposed to Rosemary, and when they got married. She was giving up all her fancy stuff for a simple wedding. Season? I don’t know! I binge watch! I don’t know the difference!
6. Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
• Ah!!! Why do you make me pick such things?! Depends on the day…Lee – that kid’s a saint! I like Abigail too.
7. Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
• WHY??? You ask hard questions! It gives such wonderful glimpses of romance. It’s interesting and clean, but not too cheesy. I didn’t feel like I was going to stab my eyes out with all the cheesiness. 😀 Then I fell in love with the characters…well, not really, because that’s kind of creepy; but I loved the storyline. 😀
8. Anything else you enjoy, or anything you’d like to add?
• Ooh! I could have fun with this! Um…in Season 4, how DARE they make me have positive feelings for Gowen? (I’ll take this opportunity to share that when I told her lots of fans were pushing for Gowen and Abigail to be together, she responded, “Ew!”)
• I’m trying to think…it’s a foreign concept, so give me a second. 😀 You told me about that interview when they asked the cast what modern convenience they couldn’t live without if they lived in Hope Valley. I’m in the same boat as Daniel Lissing, I would miss toilet paper!
• WCTH is the only way I currently get romance in my life since I’m divorced. We all want a little Jack Thornton in our lives.
Thanks, Momma! That was our apartment nickname for her, since she liked to mother everyone, in a GOOD way! Well, are YOUR sides hurting? No? I guess you had to be there. 😉 See all of you on Wednesday! This is Hooked Heartie, signing off! May your heart let your hope blossom!