Hey, hey all you WCTH lovers! How’s the start of the week going? Mine has been SO productive! That MIGHT have something to do with the fact that 3 out of my 4 kids are visiting their grandparents… (YAHOO!) I now have a chance to get so many things done, and get in a little R&R too.
So, we’re more than halfway through the month, which means we’ve come to another #MeetYouMonday: Bridal Edition. Let’s recap! A fresh start to the month started off with a fresh start to a marriage with Lizzy, a brand-new bride of 8 months. Last week, I was crazy enough to share my wacky story that began my 10-year marriage, (as of Wednesday!) Today, let’s meet someone who has really seen the ups and downs of marriage. May I present a silver-plated bride, Vicki Chambers-Christy, who has been married 25 years! (25 years is the silver anniversary, if you didn’t know.) Let’s get to know her!
- Where are you from? If you’re living elsewhere, where are you living now?
- I’m from Michigan, born and raised; and I still live in MI! My husband was born and raised in West Virginia and obviously now lives in MI.
- Tell us about your family.
- There’s my husband and myself. We have a 24-yr-old son, (25 in October) Nick, and a 22-year-old daughter, Morgan. They both work full time, and basically have their own lives…but still both live at home. Great kids that love and respect their mom and dad!
- What are your hobbies? What are you studying/did you study in school?
- My hobbies: I love to read, and really enjoy walking, especially outside. I enjoy spending time with my family, and watching Hallmark Channel. My greatest is I love the Lord.
- How did you find/discover WCTH?
- I discovered WCTH through TV commercials… I started watching with the 2016 Christmas Special.
- What is your favorite episode? Season?
- My favorite episode… I think that would be S3: the campfire episode, or even S2: the mine episode.
- Who is your favorite character? Star of the show?
- Jack and Elizabeth/ Daniel Lissing & Erin Krakow, but I do love them all.
- Why are you a Heartie? Why do you love the show?
- Im a Heartie because I absolutely love WCTH. I love the show because so many people can relate to so many things on the show. Everything from health, money, jobs, loss of a loved one! It encourages us all to put our FAITH in GOD. It’s a family show that even the youngest member of the family can watch, it’s that wholesome.
- Anything else you enjoy, or anything you’d like to add?
- WCTH-related: I just can’t wait to see what S6 has in store for HV!
- Kami asked me to share a little bit about my experiences after being married almost 25 years, (will be 25 on July 23rd). I love that we love each other despite our faults; and believe me, we both have them! We support each other through the good, the bad, and everything else. We are so comfortable with each other, that we don’t have to look perfect. We can speak our minds, or say what’s in our hearts. I’ve personally learned that If I’m angry, I need to calm down before I say anything, (that was a tough one for me to learn, trust me). I like the fact that I know who I’m going home with, and going home to. We have had our trials, but through it all, here we are 25 years later. I know who I’m going home with, and who I’m going home to! ❤😊
Thanks so much, Vicki! It’s so inspirational for us to look ahead to someone who has been through so much; it gives us newbies the hope and advice we need to keep on the path. Well, that’s it for me too. Join me on Wednesday, (my anniversary!) for our next #JuneWeddings movie review! Toot-a-loo!